Utilizing modern Internet technology, the system brings the element of learning and self-development into employees’ daily work. With the help of a laptop, tablet or a computer they have access to course materials, assignments, tests, assessments and versatile interaction functionality. Anytime, anywhere, at work and at home.
Project type: multiplatform e-learning solution
InToSoft team: 6 specialists
Team structure: 5 senior and mid- developers, QA engineer
Project duration:30 months
Technologies and Environments: Net Framework 4.5, MVC 5, EF 4.0, MS SQL server 2008, jQuery, HTML5/CSS3, SSO (Saml), LTI, Scorm, Kendo UI, Less, Autofac, nSubstitute, StyleCop, Automapper, Twitter, TypeScript, Visual Studio, TFS
About the client
The client is a company that works in the field of education and provides products and services for staff training, testing and certification.
Having had long cooperation with another vendor, the customer decided to carry out project audit. On its result, it was decided to find a new contractor that would be responsible for supporting the old solution and reengineering it so that it conformed to modern technological standards. The customer needed our assistance in creation and support of an e-learning application that would organize educational courses, different types of tests for company’s staff and keep track of e-learning-related information.
InToSoft created an e-learning environment that seamlessly combines teaching techniques and educational content and can be integrated into any existing LMS (learning management system). The system enables its users to:
• Automatically monitor employees’ competence and give recommendations on improving professional skills
• Assign employees to online courses, tests and interviews and review any employee based on multiple criteria
• Integrate with a number of HR systems in order to avoid data duplication and recommend candidates to positions in accordance with their professional level
• Provide constant stocking of library funds
• Issue electronic certificates to employees after completed courses
• View the overall statistics report on professional level throughout the company. The dashboard makes company’s KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) transparent
The work is conducted in two dispersed teams, one on our side and the other on the customer's. Both teams work in close cooperation, planning each 2-week sprint, resolving potential issues and making mutual decisions on all aspects of the project, including architecture and technical vision.