A mobile application that transforms an iPod Touch into a high tech hospitality handheld device and makes it a fully functional point of sales (POS). Everything is done logically and intuitively with one hand, enabling your employees to devote their attention to the guests.
With this app they are enabled to make orders, change their reservations, show prescriptions and even split bills.
Project type: mobile POS for restaurant business
InToSoft team: 3 specialists
Team structure: architect , mobile developer, QA engineer
Project duration: 18 months
Technologies: Ingenico iSMP device (Europe), LineaPRO device (USA), PCI PTS 3.x SRED, DUKPT management, Fixed Key management, AES-256 encryption algorithms
About the client
The client is a leading Dutch company with high business reputation as a provider of reliable POS systems for cafes and restaurants.
Willing to become more competitive on the market, the client decided to create a mobile POS solution. Thus, they were looking for a contractor with good experience both in Mobile development and hospitality domain.
InToSoft created an intuitive and logical work tool. Technical and architectural approach chosen by InToSoft allowed to make a fully functional mobile POS:
• All orders are processed at the same time with no mistakes
• The software fully corresponds to Apple philosophy, it is intuitive and logical
• iPod Touch is up to 80% cheaper than the existing hardware and has lots of modules available, from printers to barcode scanners
Application is a ready to use POS with:
• Credit card payments support
• Support of multi touch interface
• Hotel room booking interface
• Dashboards with the opportunity for personification
• Managers’ module with sales and stuff capacity reporting
• Ability to print checks
• Table management system with the ability to set table status