The solution is a social network that helps to establish cooperation between teachers and students. It is a web portal that has become an active learning environment for numerous educational establishments through optimal use of modern technologies and techniques.
Project type: web system
InToSoft team: 4 specialists
Team structure: architect, 2 senior developers, QA engineer
Project duration: 6 months
Technologies and Environments: PHP, My SQL, Linux
About the client
The client is a Dutch company that has been on the cutting edge of innovations in IT sphere over the last 15 years.
When InToSoft team jumped into the project, the system already existed. After the code had been thoroughly investigated on our side, our team together with the client decided to perform code refactoring in order to cope with a number of system crashing issues. After that, the implementation of new features was carried out. Apart from working on the functionality, InToSoft was responsible for customizing the existing system to the needs of particular educational institutions.
As a result, we created a solution that covers the requirements both from teachers’ and students’ sides. The solution provides teachers with a wide range of opportunities to share their knowledge by:
• uploading and sharing studying materials, including books, audiobooks, educational video films, training and methodological materials for teachers, scientific research, dictionaries and encyclopedias;
• establishing subject learning groups to share knowledge and experience;
• developing effective educational programs that allow to meet the needs of a particular class or group;
• following learners’ pages in real time to get total understanding of their educational activity.
Students got a productive environment to widen their horizons through:
• interactive education via various communication means, such as chats, feedback storage and commenting;
• peer teaching during internal discussions and focused sessions;
• following pages of particular teachers, groups or students to stay informed about the latest studying requirements.